Delta Skymiles Gold American Express Card
Best Delta card for value travelers
- This card is best for: Loyal Delta flyers who want some of the advantages of carrying an airline card without the steep annual fee .
- This card is not a great choice for: Frequent flyers who want the fastest route to the upper tiers of the Delta SkyMiles Medallion program. Other Delta cards offer a Status Boost feature not available with the SkyMiles Gold.
- What makes this card unique? Although its an affordable airline card, it has its welcoming perks. You can earn a Limited Time Offer: Earn 70,000 Bonus Miles after spending $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Is the Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card worth it? With solid welcome offers, 2X miles in common spending categories and a budget-friendly annual fee, this card is a valuable option for Delta flyers.
Jump back to offer details.
Options For Paying Rent With Other Cards
Some third-party service providers will allow you to pay your rent, mortgage and almost any other bill with virtually any debit or credit card. However, fees range from 2%-3% per credit card payment, or theres a flat fee for payments made with debit cards.
Heres a chart of third-party payment providers that accept credit cards, along with the respective fees.
Tips For Making The Most Out Of The American Express Trifecta
- Use the Gold Card for groceries and dining. You earn four points per dollar at restaurants and grocery stores. So, if you love dining out, use the Gold Card for all your restaurant purchases, and it will earn you thousands of Membership Rewards points per year.
- Use Blue Business for non-bonus spending. For the other two cards in the American Express Trifecta, you get one point per dollar for all non-bonus purchases, but for the Blue Business Plus, you can earn two points per dollar on every purchase, up to $50,000 annually. So, you should use this card for your non-bonus and regular purchases to earn significant rewards.
- Spend in six months. If you travel frequently or dine out a lot, make sure you use your Gold and Platinum cards since both give you rewards if you meet the minimum spending amount in the first six months. For instance, the American Express Gold Card gives 60,000 Membership Rewards if you spend $4,000 in the first six months. You can maximize the number of points earned by meeting the minimum spending requirement in the first six months of getting the card.
- Use platinum for airfare. Book your flights using the Platinum Card since it offers five points per dollar spent. Plus, you get an annual statement credit of up to $200 at The Hotel Collection with the Platinum Card.
Also Check: How Do You Know If You Can Get A Mortgage
How Does The American Express Trifecta Work
The Amex Trifecta allows you to get maximum perks during and from your frequent travels. All the Membership Rewards you earn collect in a single account and you can use them in a wide variety of ways.
For instance, the American Express Blue Business Plus credit card does not have any special perks for traveling, nor does it come with annual statement credits, but it does earn double points on regular purchases. So, you can use the Gold and Platinum cards for their travel bonuses and the Blue Business Plus for regular purchases.
Similarly, the Gold Card gives you four points per dollar for the first $25,000 you spent in supermarkets. After that, you only earn one point per dollar for your grocery purchases.
Once you have maxed out your Gold Cards bonus points at the grocer, you can use the Blue Business Plus at the grocer to get two times rewards, rather than the one point per dollar default of the Gold Card.
At the end of the day, all rewards are pooling in the same bucket, so it doesnt matter which card youre using to attain them.
Is The Amex Mortgage Promotion A Good Deal
You dont see many mortgage promos these days , so this is certainly something worth looking into, especially with such big money on the line.
It also seems to be very easy to qualify for, without many hoops or gotchas along the way.
And if youre already an Amex cardholder, its really just a matter of signing up via the Amex link and/or mentioning the offer to your loan consultant.
The only real string here is if Rocket Mortgage and Better are good lender options versus the competition.
Youll still need to do your due diligence to see if the $2,000 or $6,000 credit makes them the cheaper alternative relative to other lenders out there.
Those with a jumbo loan who are eligible for the $6,000 credit should have a pretty compelling argument though.
And as alluded to above, to sweeten the deal theyre also waiving loan processing and underwriting fees for eligible Amex cardholders.
Better doesnt charge lender fees to begin with, but Rocket might, so on top of the statement credit you can get reduced closing costs.
Its unclear if this deal also waives any applicable loan origination fee that Rocket may charge, so be sure to get clarification on that if/when you look into it.
All in all, this promo makes it worth at least speaking to these two lenders alongside other options to see where they stand pricing-wise.
Don’t Miss: Should I Pay Off My Mortgage Early
American Express Blue Business Plus Credit Card
The Blue Business Plus Credit Card does not have an annual fee and comes with a 0% intro APR for the first year. After that, the APR is variable, ranging anywhere from 13.24% to 19.24%. As for the rewards, it gives two points per dollar in rewards for the initial $50,000 the cardholder spends during the year.
After that, you can earn one reward point per dollar for each purchase.
American Express Blue Business Plus Credit cardholders do not get any annual statement credits or special perks. But as a welcome offer, you get 15,000 Membership Rewards Points if you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases within the first three months of getting the card.
What Credit Cards To Get Instead Of The Amex Platinum
That said, theres no denying that $695 is a lot of money. If you took a critical look at your spending habits and decided this card just isnt worth it for you, there are plenty of other travel credit cards on the market at lower annual fees.
The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Intro bonus:
- See Pay Over Time APR
- Recommended credit:
Don’t Miss: What Is A Teaser Rate Mortgage
The Platinum Card From American Express
Best for large welcome offer
- This card is best for: Frequent travelers who want high-end benefits and a juicy welcome offer. You can earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after spending $6,000 within the first 6 months of card membership and take advantage of a suite of luxury perks to travel in style.
- This card is not a great choice for: Anyone not committed to traveling or venturing overseas. This card has international travel perks and comes with a $695 annual fee.
- What makes this card unique? Youll get access to the Global Lounge Collection, allowing cardholders to kick back and relax at more than 1,300 airport lounges across 140 countries and over 500 airports. Also, as another welcome offer youll earn 10X points on eligible restaurant purchases in your first 6 months as a cardholder. Despite the limited time, that rate and spending limit are among the best youll find with any rewards card.
- Is The Platinum Card from American Express card worth it? The $695 annual fee is tough to ignore, but this card brings plenty to the table. In addition to the elite travel perks, generous rewards rates and valuable welcome offers, this card brings a laundry list of available credits. Theres over $1,000 worth of combined annual credits for things like airline fees, TSA PreCheck applications, Uber Cash, Fine Hotels + Resorts, Equinox memberships and more.
The American Express Network
American Express is both a payment processing network and a credit card issuer. That means Amex issues credit cards to consumers and facilitates transactions with merchants through their network. Networks, which include Visa, Mastercard and Discover as well as American Express, make money by taking a cut of each transaction they process.
Many, but not all, American Express credit cards are both issued by American Express and part of the American Express payment network.
Also Check: Is Rocket Mortgage And Quicken Loans The Same
Who Is An American Express Personal Loan Good For
American Express personal loans may be a good option for Amex cardholders who need to consolidate high-interest credit card balances as long as those balances arent on Amex credit cards. The lender will send payments directly to up to four of your credit card accounts from other issuers.
How To Use American Express Pay Over Time
Once youve toggled Pay Over Time to active, certain purchases will automatically be added to your Pay Over Time balance. Even your annual card fee can be added. Some cards have minimum requirements regarding the purchases eligible for a Pay Over Time balance. For example, only charges of $100 or more can be added to a Pay Over Time balance for the Platinum Card. But the American Express Green Card has no such minimum threshold, so charges under $100 will also be automatically included.
As well, some charges arent eligible, notably cash advances or other card fees.
Similar to a typical credit limit, theres a Pay Over Time Limit, which youll see on your account details page. However, unlike a credit card, this doesnt limit your spending. If your Pay Over Time balance is maxed out, additional charges will still go through. But you cant pay it off over time. Instead, you must pay the full charge with your next bill, as usual.
If you want to remove the temptation to carry a balance and force yourself to pay it off each monthyou can easily turn off Pay Over Time. Log into your account or through the app again and turn it off, switching it to Inactive.
You May Like: What Were Mortgage Interest Rates In 2006
Using Your American Express Credit Card With Small Businesses
While most major retailers in Canada accept American Express credit cards, not all small businesses do. American Express is committed to growing its network of small businesses that accept their credit cards, but there is still a chance youll find yourself at one of the few retailers that dont.
Fortunately, you dont have to avoid all mom and pop stores in your area. To help you determine whether a local retailer will accept your credit card, American Express has built a handy online map that is searchable by location perfect for when youre on the hunt for that perfect gift for a loved one.
Hacks To Pay Your Mortgage With A Credit Card
If you have a rewards credit card, then charging your monthly mortgage payments to a credit card can be a big enough expense to help you quickly earn enough points and miles to travel for free.
Getting your lender to take your credit card, however, isnt that easy. And despite the When to use a credit card
A sign-up bonus may be the best time to use a credit card to make a mortgage payment.
While spending $1 can earn you one or two rewards points with most credit cards, enrolling as a new customer can earn you 35,000 to 50,000 bonus points at one time if you spend a certain amount of money within the first few months of having the card.
The credit card company may require you to spend $3,000 within the first three months to get the bonus points. Paying for a big-ticket item such as a mortgage can get you to that bonus a lot quicker than buying lunch every day can.
But most mortgage lenders wont accept credit cards for a few reasons they could lead to more defaults on mortgages by borrowers, and lenders dont want to incur the 1-2 percent credit card fees for processing the payments, says Jonathan Duong, a certified financial planner and president of Wealth Engineers.
In a world of very low interest rates, thats just not a good way to add profits to their business, Duong says.
Also Check: What Is A 5 1 Arm Mortgage
American Express Partners With Fintech Firms To Help Customers Find Mortgages
- American Express is marketing partnerships with Better and Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans for customers interested in home loans.
- It’s the latest perk for cardholders and another example of financial institutions partnering with start-ups to offer customers a fuller suite of services or additional perks.
In this article
American Express has two new fintech partnerships it’s marketing for customers interested in home loans.
It’s the latest perk for cardholders and another example of financial institutions partnering with start-ups to offer customers a fuller suite of services or additional perks outside of the scope of the firm itself, an AmEx spokeswoman confirmed Wednesday to CNBC.
“Amex has tons of different partners that they’ve used throughout the years, which used to be a lot more travel focused, and now they’re broadening out into financial services,” D.A. Davidson analyst Chris Brendler said.
It’s also a sign of the times. Even as the U.S. economy reopens, staying home and home spending have become a bigger priority for many, despite others’ eagerness to get outside and travel.
Eligible Amex customers who get their mortgages from Better or Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans, can receive a statement credit of $2,000 for conforming mortgages, or $6,000 for jumbo mortgages.
The story has been clarified to indicate that Amex is providing marketing for its fintech partners.
What Makes Better Different
Pre-approval in as little as 3 minutes
Just a few clicks, a couple questions, and you can get your customized pre-approval letter to start shopping around.
Nights, weekends, and holidays your account and team is available 24/7 to answer any questions that might come up.
From filling out your application to uploading your financial documents, you can do everything right from your laptop or phone.
Whether its your first, second or third purchase, weve got articles and guides to help break it all down.
Better Real Estate, LLC dba BRE, Better Home Services, BRE Services, LLC and Better Real Estate is a licensed real estate brokerage and maintains its corporate headquarters at 3 World Trade Center, 175 Greenwich Street, 59th Floor, New York, NY 10007. A full listing of Better Real Estate, LLCs license numbers may be foundhere. Equal Housing Opportunity. All rights reserved.
Better Settlement Services, LLC. 3 World Trade Center, 175 Greenwich Street, 59th Floor, New York, NY 10007
Homeowners insurance policies are offered through Better Cover, LLC, a Pennsylvania Resident Producer Agency. License #881593. 3 World Trade Center, 175 Greenwich Street, 59th Floor, New York, NY 10007
The Better Home Logo is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Better Cover is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Terms and Conditions
1. Offer Terms
2. Card Member Eligibility
3. Statement Credit
Also Check: What Is The Monthly Mortgage
American Express Cardholders Can Get Up To $6000 Statement Credits If They Use Rocket Or Better Mortgage
On top of waiving some origination fees, the card issuer will provide cardholders with up to $6,000 in statement credits if they use one of the mortgage lenders above to purchase a home or refinance an existing home loan.
So if you were planning on using either of these lenders, it could actually make sense to become a cardholder first, then apply.
Or if you were thinking about using a different lender, you might want to get a quote from these two lenders as well and do the math to see if this promotion makes them the cheaper option.
How To Choose A Balance Transfer Card
The objective of a balance transfer is to save money on interest, so you will want a card with a low introductory APR on balance transfers. Just be sure to pay off the transferred balance in full before the introductory rate expires. Otherwise, the remaining balance will accumulate interest daily at the cards regular APR.
You can find out how much a balance transfer card with a low intro APR will save you in interest charges by using WalletHubs balance transfer calculator. This tool will also recommend credit cards that may help you save money and get out of debt faster.
No, the American Express Platinum card doesnt have any preset credit limit. That does not give cardholders unlimited purchasing power. It means American Express wont give you a specific credit limit once youre approved for the card. Rather, they calculate your purchasing power based on how much you spend on the card as well as your income, any debt you carry, and your overall creditworthiness.read full answer
The best thing to do when trying to figure out how much you can spend on your American Express Platinum card is to start small and gradually increase your spending over time. You will have to pay your balance in full every month, anyway, since the American Express Platinum card is a charge card. Many cards offering no preset limit are charge cards.
You May Like: What Makes Mortgage Rates Change